Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 43 -- Endure to the End

There are 17 days left to go in the Sixty-Day Challenge. I still have two doubles to do. Sometimes I can't believe I've made it this far.

Today's class was the most humid I've ever been in. It was very full, but that can't account for all of it. I swear: it was almost foggy in the room. Picture a 105 degree swamp. Me no likey. Luckily, Eva is a wonderful teacher, and she kept me going.

With sweat sheeting down me as we finished the Standing Series, I thought about leaving the room. I lay in savasana and thought about the cool, dry air mere feet away from me. But then I realized I wasn't overwhelmed or panicky; I was just intensely uncomfortable. As much as I wanted to leave, I didn't need to leave. And there's a big difference. I thought of Brook's frequent saying: the sensations are temporary.

So I stuck it out. I made the most of each savasana. I breathed my way through the postures and did my best to think releasing thoughts in Camel and Rabbit. And a few minutes later, I was finished.

Patience. Perseverance. Endurance. Grace. They'll carry me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment