Sunday, April 5, 2015

Day 36 -- Renewal

36/60--Three fifths of the way through the challenge. (I love fractions.)

Today is the holiest day of the year for me, a day that commemorates renewal and hope. Because I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my family, I went to the earliest yoga class I could find--which was at the South Pasadena studio at 7am. I've always practiced in Pasadena, so I was interested to see what the experience would be like at another studio.

I got up at 6 o'clock and got ready, preparing our family Easter basket, among other things. Then I followed my GPS to the South Pasadena studio. I was glad there was a temporary sign out front, or I would have missed it entirely. I'm not familiar with that area at all.

It's a smaller classroom than in Pasadena, on the second floor of a building. I loved the northern light that came in through several windows. There were only about 15 of us in class, as I would expect early on a holiday Sunday. The teacher, Mark, was passionate and energetic and took good care of a woman who had recently had knee surgery. I appreciated his guidance. It was a serene but strenuous class, and I enjoyed the view of passing clouds as I lay in savasana.

Sunday is always a day of spiritual renewal for me, Easter Sunday even more so. I was grateful for 90 minutes of meditation first thing in the morning. It's a wonderful life.



1 comment: