Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 58 --Core

I'm so glad Brook teaches on Mondays; she makes everything better, even the fact that a new week is ahead.

It's funny how my experience of the practice has changed since I started in February. Back then, I loathed Half Moon; now I love it. My latest bugaboo is Locust, which I didn't used to mind. And I don't feel like I'm getting what I'm supposed to out of Spine-Twisting Pose; it just feels like it's the last obstacle on the way to Final Savasana. I'm sure I have more to learn in every posture, not just these.

Noticing these things today made me want to read Bikram's book; I feel like I want even more information than my teachers can give me in any one 90-minute class. I've ordered it and look forward to seeing what the yogi has to say to me.

As my strength in my legs and arms has increased, I've tried to focus more on my core. I know it's getting a workout, but I'm now to the point where I can tighten and contract more; my energy isn't all being expended on other crucial things. Brook always exhorts patience, which I always need to hear. I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment