Friday, March 20, 2015

Day 20 -- One Third

20/60! One third of the way through the challenge!

After our Disney Day yesterday, it felt good to get back on the Bikram yoga horse today. (I now have three days to make up, but that's feeling doable as I get stronger.)

It was my first class with Nafisa, and she was a riot--but also very precise--a great combination.

Looking at myself in the mirror through the poses, I thought about the slogan on Friday Night Lights: "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose." The rest of the class and I did our best to work together, and that one good belly laugh in savasana felt great.

With yoga, as with life, I feel it's important to take the practice seriously, but NOT take myself too seriously. Maybe my personal slogan will be "Clear eyes, light heart, can't lose." Namaste.

2 comments:

  1. I love that slogan! Might need to vinyl it on my wall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that slogan! Might need to vinyl it on my wall :-)

    ReplyDelete