Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Day 18 -- Mama Said

Days like this. Oy.

Today was rough mood-wise all day; I hated saying goodbye to my sister, for one thing. She's off on more globe-trotting adventures. I'm glad I had her to myself for a good week, though.

I went to the 4:30 class, which was later than I would have liked, but it was the only time that worked for me today. And apparently I ate lunch a little too late in the day for comfort; reflux hit me in the middle of class and became a big distraction. But I stayed in the room and got through most of the asanas.

Afterward, I didn't have my usual euphoria, which was a total dogsock. And I'm way exhausted now.

Tomorrow's Disneyland with the family; we're leaving tonight and staying in one of the Disney hotels so that we can get to the park extra early. It'll be a physical/mental/emotional challenge all its own. :) But seriously: I'm looking forward to being completely present with the kids and spending time making memories. We'll stay late and hope for fireworks, since they were canceled last time we went.

So I'll be back on the yoga horse Friday morning. I am tentatively planning on a double on Friday, assuming Mickey Mouse doesn't totally do me in. After missing tomorrow, I'll have three classes to make up before the end of the challenge, and I'd like to get those out of the way soon. If not Friday, possibly Saturday. I'll get there.

I know that the challenge will have ups and downs, but I do hope that downs like today are few and far between.

2 comments:

  1. My studio does 9:00, 4:30, and 6:30 most days of the week. 4:30 has become my favorite time, but it is sooooo hard with all the things going on in a typical afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My studio does 9:00, 4:30, and 6:30 most days of the week. 4:30 has become my favorite time, but it is sooooo hard with all the things going on in a typical afternoon.

    ReplyDelete